I launched my first blog, this one, around December 2014. However, it picked up pace, comments, likes and followers following my involvement in Writing101 in April 2015.
And I noticed a lot of bloggers nominating each other for some award or the other. To tell the truth, I was hoping that I wasn’t to be nominated as I am not familiar with the blogs of others. But then, the path we take to avoid destiny, is often the path that leads to it.
I’ve been nominated thrice now. And I better nominate others before someone else nominates me and I run out of candidates for my nomination process.
[I] The Liebster Award: Nominated by Rantings Of A Third Kind. Do check it out. It’s seriously worth your while. Thank you for the nomination 😀
And apparently, I’ve to answer these ten questions:
- What is one of your favorite quotes?
‘Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.’
- Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
- What do you feel most proud of?
I feel proud of the fact that I can write.
- What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
The ability to play the flute. Or the chance to be able to use all the languages of the world fluently.
- What is your strongest personal quality?
I believe my strongest personal quality is my lack of inhibition.
- When was the last time you had an amazing meal?
Actually, reading about food would be as good as an amazing meal.
- The best part of waking up is?
Looking forward to the new day /evening/the professor of the next class .
- When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
Read. Read. Read.
- If you were president, what is the first thing you would do
Launch a campaign that’s going to save the environment.
And dear nominees, I’ve giving you questions which you already know.
The Proust Questionnaire – made popular, obviously, by French writer Marcel Proust. (Nice name for a spoonerism – Must Parcel)
- What is your idea of perfect happiness?
- What is your greatest fear?
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
- What is the trait you most deplore in others?
- Which living person do you most admire?
- What is your greatest extravagance?
- What is your current state of mind?
- What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
- On what occasion do you lie?
- What do you most dislike about your appearance?
Here are the Award rules to follow:
Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
– Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
– Nominate 10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
– Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
– Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
– Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
The word Liebster is German for the following:
[II] The Creative Blogger Award:
I’ve had a couple of people nominating me for CB award.
UDAYOLOGY – Fellow night time blogger and Potterhead. Mostly the first to read my posts and comment. we have our differences – yet we get along. Loves reading and writing an music. Do visit his blog.
CONFUSEDANDCRAZILYCURIOUS – The alliteration in the title sums it all up. Confuesd. Crazy. Curious. Add another C – Creative. Also an avid supporter for Net Neutrality. Head over there for some really cool stuff.
You will need to:
Step 1- Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify the nominees.
Step 2- Post the link of the blog that nominated you.
Step 3- Share five random facts about your humble self.
So, following the footsteps of a fellow blogger, I’m nominating a few of my fellow bloggers for both. And my apologies if I end up nominating someone who doesn’t conform to the nominatable group 😛
Hey guys and gals. Here are five random facts about my humble self.
1. I follow a flexitarian diet. My family is actually non-vegetarian. But I prefer vegetarian – sounds strange? Yeah. Welcome to me 😀
2. I collect coins. Not really ancient ones used by queens and kings. More recent coins that are released to commemorate some special occasions like the birth anniversary of a national leader.
3. I’m obsessed with ink pens. Even though I won less than five of them – Each one of them is a treasure to me.
4. If you’ve been reading my posts, you’d know this already: I am a HUGE Potterhead.
5. And to top it off, an unknown fact – I have never studied English Grammar. I have been taught, along with my classmates in school – but I never learnt it like the way I learnt multiplication tables and practised diagrams. Grammar bores me. I mean, learning grammar bores me. Since I do read quite a bit more than your average teenager (the librarian was one of the more familiar faces in school), I happen to know how to write – yet I don’t know the difference between a gerund, infinitive and a modal.
To put it simply, I know how to repair a car, yet I don’t know the names of the parts 😛
Sounds strange? Yeah. Welcome to me 😀
All the best, nominees. May the force be with you.
This post is a whopping 731 words long. *Whew* Congrats to you, since you’ve read it all the way till here. Here’s one more link I want you guys to see: